Belts & Hoses
Belts and hoses consumption rate is the highest among all the equipment in your vehicle. Their lifespan is pretty short compared to other elements in your car: they often crack, leak, or fray due to their constant exposure to heat, vibration, and other harmful chemicals.
They must be immediately replaced if broken and understand if they are broken or are close to be broken is not that easy: we recommend diligent inspection to check their status and promptly replace them if necessary.
Here is a sample of how we ensure belt and hose quality:
Visual Inspection of Belts
- Search for clear indications of damage (cracking, glazing, softening, or peeling)
- Test for correct tension
- Test for correct alignment
- Record belt condition for future reference
Visual Inspection of Hoses
- Search for leaks, cracks, hardening, or softening.
- Test cooling system for leaks using state-of-the-art pressure technology
- Record hose condition for future reference
Get your vehicle's belts and hoses inspected on a regular basis because damaged pieces can seriously harm your vehicle. Research shows that while most people get regular oil changes, they neglect the condition of their belts and hoses. A leaking hose or a cracked belt will cause you more trouble than an overdue oil change ever will.
Following is a brief description of some of the different belts and hoses we inspect:
The engine drives some of your vehicle's accessories. Instead of being supplied by electric power, these accessories rely on a series of pulleys and belts to operate. Some of these accessories include:
- Power steering pump
- Air conditioning compressor
- Radiator cooling fan
- Water pump
Some vehicles require a single serpentine belt to power these accessories (as opposed to several individual belts).
If you think of hoses as your vehicle's circulatory system, then you'll have an appropriate representation of their importance. Hoses are composed of two rubber layers with fabric in between. Types of hoses vary on make and model, but typically include:
- Fuel hose (sends gasoline from the gas tank to the engine)
- Radiator hose (delivers coolant to engine)
- Power steering hose (connects power steering pump to steering equipment)
- Heater hose (provides coolant to heater core)
We are independently owned and operated!
We wish to say in advance, "Thank You" for your patronage. In lieu of the fact that we are a "Family Business" we have to ensure that our customer are completely satisfied with our work, service and staff! Value and outstanding service are the cornerstone to our business.Questions? Call Paul at (602) 997-7515
Diesel Engine Service Available
We are specialized in Diesel Engines, contact us for any kind of service.